Chicago is a sports town, no doubt about it . . . In summer and FALL, we've got the 2016 World Series Champion, CUBS - at the amazing Wrigley Field. Plus you can check out the notorious 3 B's - Chicago Bears, Blackhawks, and Bulls this fall and winter! Check their schedules and plan to spend a few nights in the Chi - even if you don't score tickets - there's plenty of fist-bumping and high-fiving to be had on game days at like a gazillion sports pubs around the city. Bear down!
If you're looking to explore ways to soak up the season, Chicago has it for you in spades! You can sing carols at Cloud Gate through the end of December, ice skate at Millennium Park now through March, check out the true magnificence of the holiday lights on the Mag Mile, or even take a helicopter lights tour of the city. Do the holidays in Chicago and we can assure you, your stockings will be stuffed! Check out even more happenings and events below!
now - dec 24
The Christkindle Market is back with all the lively Christmas Market activity you can muster . . . We recommend the food, it's hot, and it's delicious . . . best time to beat the crowds? On a weekday afternoon - that'll give you the most elbow room to truly enjoy all it has to offer!
now - jan 5
If you love the magic of the holidays .. . and wildlife, check out Zoolights at Lincoln Park Zoo. It's a popular tradition around these parts - - - and not just for the kiddos! Check it out!
now - Jan 26
Andy Warhol returns to the Art Institute of Chicago in the largest exhibit of his works to date - Andy Warhol Fom A to B and back again. But you'd better get your tickets fast, this will be the most anticipated art event of the year, and this is a limited run.
dec 12 - dec 24
If you're into the classics, and want to put a nifty spin on your holiday, find yourself at the Music Box Theatre for the 36th annual Music Box Holiday Sing-a-long. Whether you make it a tradition, or a one-time thing, it's a seriously cool thing to experience.
Naughty or nice, the Chicago Santa Crawl in River North (yup, our neighborhood) will get you into the holiday spirit in no time! Fueled by a breakfast buffet, this holiday event includes santa hats, giveaways, and holiday cheer at multiple participating locations. Make holiday Cheer, and make lots of new facebook friends all at one time!
Occasions to experience serious music don't stop just because temperatures fall - Check out Wilco at the Chicago Theatre! It's the perfect early Christmas gift, for yourself!
DEC 25 - Jan 26
The Broadway hit musical, Mean Girls, takes center stage for a VERY limited run on Christmas day . . . If you loved the film, you'll love the live version . . .
If you want to celebrate the New Year in sophisticated style, but want to stay away from the New Years Eve crush, check out Eve of the Eve! It's got drinks, bites, live entertainment, and dancing all with the backdrop of the historical Union Station! Plus, it's for a good cause! Check it!!
jan 10 - Jan 20
Who doesn't love to laugh - amiright? Find yourself at the Chicago Sketch Comedy Festival for some of the best comedy around . . . after all, comedy was practically invented here!
JAN 15 - JAN 19
The Music never ends in Chicago! So get to the best winter music festival around! Tomorrow Never Knows features multiple local indie bands at the best music venues in the city! In a word, awesome!
JAN 17 - JAN 19
If you're a true blue Cubs fan, then like the US Post Office, come rain or shine, snow or sleet, nothing will keep you away from the annual Cubs Convention. Find your way out of your winter den and get an up close and personal experience with your favorite Cubbies!
JAN 24 - FEB 9
Foodie much?The 2020 Chicago Restaurant Week is coming, and we're salivating at the possibilities! Restaurants from all over the city (burbs too) feature menu's at set pricing for everybody to try. Say it with us, YUM!
DO YOUR THING - DIFFERENT! Check out our curated list of cool attractions
- If you love the great outdoors, get yourself to the 606. An elevated jogging/hiking/biking path that takes you through some of the 312's most interesting neighborhoods like Bucktown, Wicker Park, Logan Square, and others.
- Bike your way through town on a Divvy. Those are the blue bikes you see pretty much everywhere . . . We suggest a ride up the Lakefront, coz it will net you some pretty awesome instagram shots!
- If you've been dying to check out EATALY, you're in luck - it's a block away, and yeah, it's awesome. It's a bustling Italian marketplace that offers some of the freshest fare and authentic Italian foods around. Foodies won't want to pass it up.
- In season, there are few things cooler than getting out on the cool waters of lake Michigan on your own (rented) jet ski, and worth e-v-e-r-y penny! Or one with the river in your very own kayak. Here you'll get some of the best views of the city, and get in a pretty decent workout too. Of course, both are seasonal.
- Check out the Riverwalk (hint: it's on the river), and check out the peeps walking and cruising by. It's a great stop for a cocktail, or just to brown bag it.
- What better way to hold on to a memory than with body ink? Deluxe Tattoo is one of the best tattoo shops in Chicago. We just recommend you visit sober - you know, no regrets and all.
- Everybody's heard about the Architectural Boat Tour, now go out and do it. It is def. one of the best "attractions" in Chicago.
CHICAGO'S MUSIC SCENE
If you dig music, you've come to the right city. In addition to the major arena's, Chicago boasts a ton of awesome, more intimate venues that often book the cutting edge talent on the cusp of stardom. You may also see them at one of Chicago's major music festival during the summer. Here is a short list of some of the best venues in the 312 to sit back and jam. - These even made TimeOut Chicago's best list!